Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pretty sure I can make it one more day

Not having a classroom on Monday and Tuesday probably should have been indicative of things to come, but this has been the first week I've actually found myself really not wanting to be in school. I love teaching and I love being in a classroom, and these simple facts alone have been a huge help in dealing with all of the accessory problems that accompany this job. But this week my lessons aren't at all what they should be, and that has made everything significantly less enjoyable.

My lessons aren't falling short due to lack of planning. I've put in a lot of time actually, but the material is difficult and I'm at a loss for fun activities. I've had activities suggested to me, but all of them were so intensive on paper use that I felt obligated to opt out of doing them. Maybe I should've just bit the bullet and printed the sheets; I suppose learning is more important then saving money and the environment. It's too late now though, so it'll definitely be something worth considering for next year.

There's no denying that this week sucked in a big way, but it's not all bad though. Tomorrow is Friday, meaning I have only one more day left on this unit, but more importantly life is pretty great right now and I really don't have a whole lot of complaints.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could check the recycling bins for papers with only one printed side and reuse that.

    ReplyDelete