I really wanted to get some useful information out of this assignment, so I made it my bell work for all six of my classes and asked them to write a detailed, well-thought out response at least one paragraph in length. The feedback I got was generally very positive, and I was really pleased with the responses I got. Of course there were some naysayers, but those were fun to read too, maybe even more so since I love hearing those kids complain. Provided below is a sampling of the responses I received, ranging from the great to the awful, with all of the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors included.
Coach McAllister is a very fair teacher. His rules and procedures are very simple to follow. He doesn't have favorites; he treats everyone the same way. Whether someone gives a wrong or write answer or not, he still gives verbal praise for trying. Last but not least, his ways of teaching are far more superior than my past teachers. He teaches in the easiest ways possible to make work much more easy for the students.
Yes he is a fair teacher because he is real about what he say about given write assignment out. Make sure that you bring it in the next day. Coach McAllister he is a fair teacher because he wants everybody to do good in his room and pass on to Mr. Cobb class. He might get mad at some people but he just want you to do the write thing in the class.
Yes, I think so, even know you have to ask to follow all the rules. But, that's how it's suppose to be. To tell you the truth, I love this class because he keeps it under control. It is a good learning environment. But, yes I think he is a very fair and cool teacher.
Coach McAllister is a fair teacher because he don't do his grades like ever other teacher. McAllister is a very cool teacher. I love everything about him. The only the is that we have to raise our hand to say the answer or call out the answer. If we raise our hand to ask to go to the bathroom we get a "WA" and that's not fair. But everything else is fair. I like McAllister because if you are missing any work he will let you know or tell you to stay after school on Mon. or Tues. So for everything else he is fair. Coach McAllister is cool. And a loven person. Love Coach McAllister.
Yes I think Mr. McAllister is a fair teacher because he do everything equaly he don't pick no sides or say bad things about his student but I thing I don't like is we work to hard we never get a break can we sometimes watch a movie or play a game
I think that you are a fair teacher. You teach everything fairly and I understand it. I like that there is no talking in your classroom PERIOD. The only thing that I dislike is your bathroom policy. I think it somewhat unfair only one per semester. Beside all of that I am very happy with your classroom and I hope with you as my teacher I will pass the state Biology I test on my first try. Lastly, I like the way you are hands-on with your assignments.
Yes, most of the time. It's hard to get tickets in your classroom. We could like answer a question and you still might not give us a ticket or anything. It's only sometimes when you give tickets out. Some of us even feel discouraged because they have the answer correct, but they don't get any tickets. Not saying that getting the answer right isn't required, but alot of people want a chance at tickets.
I'll say yes and no. I like his class alot because I learn and have fun, but I don't like the fact that we aren't allowed to talk or anything. His class is completely too quiet and that just makes it lame. I love the activities that we do in his class, but I just don't think he's fair enough. I feel that he expects a little too much out of us. We're not college students, so he could at least give us a break. In conclusion, he really is a fair teacher with just high expectations. So uncool.
Yes and no because he catches me off gard. When I am saying some thing low it's class related. Other than that he's a pretty fair teacher.
Coach McAllister is not a fair but sometimes you can be fair. But your room is not a cool place to be. I hate been in here sometimes.
Mr. McAllister is a somewhat a fair teacher. One reason he is not fair is that we have to stay quiet the whole period, and raise our hand for every little thing. He is fair because he wants us to learn with no distraction but we are teenagers. We need a little freedom. He is also unfair because we can get a writing assignment for anything. I heard that he gave a student a writing assignment for sneezing out loud. He is a somewhat fair teacher.
Coach McAllister is not a fair teacher because he is boring in his room. If we did more fun stuff in his class he would be a fair teacher. He need to let us go to the bathroom more to.
No Coach McAllister is not a fair teacher. Even though we learn what we are required to learn, we have to raise our hand to do everything like we are elementary students. And another thing is we can't talk. That what makes his class boring and that is why everyone be going to sleep. We can't talk quietly when we are finished with our work, like we do in our other classes. We have to sit in the class like clones or dolls and wait on him to ask us something, like trained parrots or something. That is why I think he is unfair because we don't have any privileges. That is why I dislike coming in here.
On the first day of school I stepped up to the front of my classroom with two goals in mind; I was going to be strict and my classroom was going to be silent. There are times when my room isn't quite as quiet as I'd like it do be, but for the most part I have succeeded in my goals. I do my best to run a real tight ship, and so far it's been working out pretty great. I haven't had any distractions that I couldn't deal with, and the majority of the time my students are on task. The one thing I worried about though was whether or not my management tactics would cause my students to resent me. I used to tell myself that I wouldn't care and that I was doing what was best for them, but even then I knew I didn't want them to hate me. Going through all of the feedback I had gotten really helped to reassure me that I was doing the right thing. It was really nice to see that despite the strict climate of my classroom, students were still having fun and learning. I definitely have to work on winning over the opposition, but at least for now I'm comfortable knowing that I have the support of the majority.
No comments:
Post a Comment