Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Making a run for it

Running used to be really important to me. In fact, it still is, but Teacher Corps has done its damnedest to keep the two of us apart. Any running I have gotten in has been very inconsistent, a sure path to injury, but that's an entirely different story. However, last night I decided to head out for a midnight run right before bed, and honestly, few things in recent memory have felt so good. Not only that, but today was an entirely stellar day. I'm not saying the two are actually related, but there just might be a bit of a direct correlation between going for a run and having an awesome day. I completely knocked my shit out of the park today. I scored one point short of flawless on my formal evaluation today, and nearly perfect, if not perfectly perfect, on all three of my role plays.


That being said, here's how I see it. I'm already used to being unbelievably sleep deprived and I'm definitely no stranger to feeling endlessly exhausted, so I'm thinking that skipping out on another half hour of sleep each night isn't really going to make a big difference in the end. As of right now my plan is to try running before bed, regardless of how late it is, and I'm pretty sure I'm actually going to feel better for doing it.

I just got back from going for a run, and I'm hoping to be as successful tomorrow as I was today. But even if that isn't the case, at the very least I'll be feeling relaxed when my head hits the pillow, and that's huge these days. Running might just be even more relaxing than popsicles.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment