In accordance with the Mississippi Teacher Corps assignment as laid forth by the Ben Guest guidelines, I present the photographic documentation of not just one, but several, successful cupcake deliveries to the key members of the North Panola High School staff. We hit the secretary, the librarian, and the janitorial staff. You may notice that a Ms. Emily Serkedakis is missing form the third picture, and that is because she did not take as much joy as the rest of us did in the good deed we were doing.



Back in the day, they used to just suggest that we do nice things for people. As leadership gets more obsessed with busy work, they begin to require that we do things "essential" for our survival. I'm glad that you did these things. I think it's disgusting it was required. However, I encourage you to do something nice for these same people throughout the year on your own accord.
ReplyDeleteAfter remembering that I participated in this as the photographer, I am now going to take a shower. We have some wonderful staff at our school however who take good care of us when we recognize their efforts and support them in their mission.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, I did refuse to be in that last photo because I thought that situation was ridiculous. Doing good deeds for a grade makes them become selfish deeds. So, thanks for that, Ben.
ReplyDelete